PRE- PREGNANCY TIPS FOR YOU!
Pregnancy is a major step in any woman’s life. Here are a few tips that every woman should follow before getting pregnant or during their pregnancy.
- Visit your doc- before u plan to get pregnant get yourself checked and get appropriate tests done for infections. Take vaccinations to be on the safe side.
- Increase your folate intake- taking folate or folic acid within the first six weeks of pregnancy is a good idea as it forms the baby’s neural tube. For a healthier neural tube of the baby, folic acid is a great trick.
- Intake enough iodine- iodine helps in production of thyroid hormone from the thyroid gland which is extremely important for the baby which is important for the brain development of the child.
- Stop smoking- to decrease the risk of miscarriage, smoking needs to be reduced or left. Also, smoking can cause risk of low birth weight, pre term delivery, cleft palate, cross-eyes, weak lungs, weak immune system and obesity in childhood.
- Avoid alcohol- babies are born underweight with characteristic facial anomalies as well as increased risk of heart problems, learning disabilities, language problems, attention, memory, hyperactivity and co-ordination problems in case the mother has FAS (foetal alcohol syndrome)
- Limit caffeine intake- small amounts of caffeine intake is fine but if taken in large amounts, it can cause miscarriage.
- Stay healthy- getting enough sleep, eating well and minimising stress are the keys to a healthy pregnancy.