POST PREGNANCY TIPS
Post pregnancy a woman undergoes a lot of hormonal changes. With these a lot of her body requirements change too. Here are a few post pregnancy tips that will help you recover sooner.
- Sleep when Baby sleeps. You will probably never be as tired again as during the first few months of motherhood. Forget about “getting things done” while the baby sleeps. As soon as she starts snoring, you need to hit the sack, too. Gradually, as you regain your strength, you’ll be able to stay awake longer.
- Do your chores with Baby. Babies love to watch you. They don’t think that laundry, cooking or shopping is boring, especially if you talk to them.
- Get out of the house every day. Even if it’s only for a walk around the block. The sunshine and fresh air will do you a world of good.
- Lower your standards. Your house doesn’t have to be spotless. If you can afford it, hire a cleaning service. If not, just focus on the clutter control. And make your bed in the morning—at least one room will look neat.
- Take care of your perineal area. If you tore during delivery or had an episitomy, sitting in a few inches of water several times a day not only keeps the area clean, but can soothe any pain. You can reduce swelling with ice packs or chilled witch hazel pads.
- Eat right. That means following the same healthy diet you followed during pregnancy and abstaining from alcohol if you’re breastfeeding.
- Watch out for problem signs. If you suddenly start bleeding heavily again, develop a breast infection, or feel pain in your pelvic region, visit your gynaecologist.