Healthy Eating Tip #5
Try different types of protein. Whether you are a vegetarian or not, try different sources of protein —such as beans, nuts, seeds, peas, tofu, and soy products —will open up new options for healthy meal.
Some Sources of proteins which can be opt are:
- Beans: Black beans, navy beans, garbanzos, and lentils are good options.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and pecans are great choices.
- Soy products: Try tofu, soya milk, and veggie burgers for a change.
- Avoid salted or sugary nuts and refried beans.
Downsize your portions of protein: Many people in the West eat too much protein. Try to move away from protein being the center of your meal. Focus on equal servings of protein, whole grains, and vegetables.
Focus on quality sources of protein: like fresh fish, chicken or turkey, tofu, eggs, beans, or nuts. When you are having meat, chicken, or turkey, buy meat that is free of hormones and antibiotics.
- Is Soy Bad For You? (uberhealthblog.com)